Early Intervention Program for 4-6 year olds
Our school provides specialist education programs early childhood students with a range of disabilities. Staff with specialist training in the Discrete Trial Training and extensive experience in Autism including the TEACCH and ABA programs.
Communication skills are a focus in the ELC. The importance of giving a student a voice is our biggest priority in the early years.
A curriculum focus on relevant academic and life skills to increase independence.
- Highly structured curriculum which teaches relevant, specific skills quickly.
- An Individual Education Plan (IEP) and portfolio for each student.
- The teaching of new skills one-to-one.
- Small group work to consolidate and generalise skills.
- PECS taught, when needed, to support the development of communication skills.
- Recorded data to monitor student progress .
- Picture schedules, structured work systems and clear task organisation.
- A visually stimulating classroom with clear areas for different activities.